The appearance of white spots on the nails indicates a variety of failures or diseases in the human body. According to their shape, color, location and number of experts can draw conclusions about the state of health. If you notice any changes, it is better to immediately contact a specialist, and do not let everything take its course.
White spots on the nails of the fingers – the reason
Such a common disease like leukonychia is popularly also called white spots on the nails. It is diagnosed with pathological changes of the plate, which can be caused by infectious and somatic problems in the body. More often, women suffer from this disease, believing that this is a cosmetic nuisance and not giving it much importance.
Answering the question about why white spots appear on the nails, it is worth noting the main reason – keratisation. This disorder is endogenous or exogenous, during which the process of keratinization of the entire nail plate changes. This problem can occur due to microscopic interlayers and air entering them, replacing water and fat.
If white spots on the nails of the hands began to appear in the child, then in 80% of cases this is a manifestation of hypovitaminosis. Causes of leukonychia are of an external nature and can be caused by:
- mechanical damage to the nail plate: indentation or pinching;
- contacts of unprotected hands with household chemicals, as a result of which white spots can also appear under the nails on the hands;
- wrong done manicure: buildup, cuticle clipping;
- nail biting;
- regular use of low-quality solvents and varnishes.
There are white spots on the nails and due to internal disruptions in the body caused by:
- abuse of diets – with improper and unbalanced diet;
- fungal infections – in this case, the white spots on the nails are complemented by a thickening and deformation of the plate, discoloration;
- strong stresses and nervous experiences lead to the appearance of large white spots on the nail plate;
- various diseases: hepatitis, dysbacteriosis, heart failure, anemia or metabolic disorder.
White dots on the nails are called point leukonychia. On the surface of the plate, they are arranged chaotically and appear with mechanical damage, for example, during manicure. The spots are divided into:
White stripes on the nails are also called strip-like leukonychia. They can occur independently or develop from a point, and are caused by such reasons:
- external, for example, plate injury;
- internal, after poisoning.
The lines on the nails are 2-x types:
If the white spots on the nails of the fingers cover the entire plate entirely or are in the hole of the nail, then this is considered a difficult case and is called total leukonychia. The main causes of plate discoloration are:
- infectious diseases;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- hormonal failures;
- liver or kidney problems and so on
Very often women wonder why there are white spots on the nails. Answering this question, we can say that they appear at zinc deficiency in the body or serve as the first symptoms for allergies. And with rapid fatigue, loss of appetite and the occurrence of a rash indicate a serious illness. In the latter case, be sure to pass the analysis and visit a specialist.
White spots on the toenails – causes
Many people have noticed that they may appear white spots on the toenails. The cause of this problem is wearing uncomfortable, poor quality and cramped shoes. In this case, no treatment is required. It is necessary to replace the source of discomfort, and as the injured part of the plate grows, it just needs to be cut off until it completely disappears.
White spots on the nails of toes can occur for the following reasons:
- calcium deficiency;
- improper foot care;
- strong UV irradiation.
How to get rid of white spots on the nails?
In order for the treatment of white spots on the nails to have an effect, you first need to eliminate the cause. If the problem is of an external nature, then, removing the stimulus, we should wait until the plate grows. You can speed up this process with:
- oily bath;
- balanced and good nutrition;
- the establishment of sleep patterns;
- Proper hand and foot hygiene.
If the leuconychia of the nails is due to internal malfunctions or diseases, then you should contact a mycologist, a dermatologist, a nephrologist, a gastroenterologist or a cardiologist. You will be offered to undergo a series of surveys:
- donate blood;
- scrape the fungus;
- check hormone levels;
- To pass the spectral analysis for research of a plate on microelements.
Vitamins for white spots on the nails
Very often, women ask the question that if there are white spots on the nails, what vitamins are necessary for the human body. In this case, it should be said about the lack of various minerals and trace elements (iron, protein, and so on), which are found in meat, eggs, fish, fruits, herbs, vegetables and dairy products. They must be consumed daily in large quantities.
With the manifestation of leukonychia, treatment prescribed by a specialist. Independently you can drink a comprehensive course of vitamins, which should include A, C, E. These drugs are:
- Aevit – is responsible for cell regeneration and removes antioxidants;
- Cadevit – helps the body to compensate for the lack of vitamins in the body;
- Glutamevit – A complex drug that helps to establish the processes of the immune system;
- Aekol – stimulates the regeneration of damaged cells and helps to reduce inflammation;
- Vitasharm – a rich complex that heals the skin, nails and hair.
Baths of white spots on the nails
To improve and strengthen nails, you can visit salons or carry out health procedures at home on their own. For this you need to do different baths. The most popular recipes are:
- Make a weak solution of potassium permanganate, hold your fingers in it until 7 minutes, then smear the nails with vegetable oil.
- Dissolve two tablespoons of salt in half a liter of water, hold your nails for half an hour and then anoint with castor oil.
- Pour one tablespoon of green tea with boiling water, let it brew and cool. Lower the nails on the 10 minutes.
- White spots under the nails will disappear if they are dipped in a decoction of the bark of oak, chamomile or parsley. Keep your hands in the bath for about 15-20 minutes.
Folk remedies for white spots on the nails
To get rid of such troubles as white spots on the nails of the fingers or for its prevention, you can use folk remedies. The most popular recipes are:
- Mix a tablespoon of chamomile with a heated dark beer to a temperature of 80ºС. Then it all in a water bath for a quarter of an hour, strain and cool. Put your fingers on the 25 minutes, and then anoint them with oil.
- Rub the fish oil into the nails for 5 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Mix together lemon juice and olive oil, apply on your nails for half an hour, and then wash off with warm herbal decoction.
- Mix 5 vitamin A droplets, add a little iodine and 60 ml of almond or olive oil. All this rub in the nails
- Steam out the nails and apply a pulp made of garlic on them. Hold the mask you need 30 minutes.