According to opinion polls, every third inhabitant suffers from dandruff. The causes of and how to get rid of dandruff in the home quickly and efficiently, are of interest to almost everyone. For treatment and prevention can have a productive effect not only cosmetic preparations, but also ancient folk recipes.
Causes of dandruff
Dandruff on the head
To begin with, it is necessary to find out what the disease is and what are the causes of its occurrence. Dandruff is the accelerated dying off of scales that occurs over a long time. But do not confuse the disease with the usual desquamation. The fact is that throughout life, dying off of skin cells occurs periodically and mild exfoliation is normal. The disease can affect absolutely any person, regardless of skin color and type of hair.
It is a delusion to think that dandruff is more common in men than in women.
For those who have encountered such a problem and wonders: how to get rid of dandruff for a long time at home, not only quickly but also effectively, it is very important to establish the root cause. And after that, start the fight with the consequences.
The cause of dandruff is yeast fungi. These bad “guys” live in every person, but if the body is completely healthy – does not manifest itself. As soon as they are given fertile soil, they immediately begin to act. Intensively developing and multiplying, the fungus begins to actively feed on sebum. Thus, the epidermis unusually quickly dies for itself, while not having time to dry out, which turns the scales into sticky white flakes. If you start the process and do not start to sound the alarm in time, then dandruff soon turns into unpleasant crusts on the head.
The main cause of dandruff is yeast
It is worth noting that dandruff not only causes unpleasant itching, aesthetic discomfort, but also adversely affects the skin and contributes to hair loss.
So, what reasons may affect the development of the fungus:
- The onset of puberty. During this period, the sebaceous glands are especially active in adolescents, the epidermis does not have time to dry and the scales turn into sticky mass.
- Chronic metabolic disorders and weakened immunity.
- Hormonal imbalance in adults. In women, the disease can manifest itself during menopause or during pregnancy.
- Shortage in the body of vitamins B, C, A.
- Prolonged stress.
- Improper nutrition. Too fat food, as well as a large number of sweets will easily be able to provoke the disease.
- Bad habits such as smoking and alcohol.
- Bad heredity. Even with the right lifestyle, nobody canceled genetics.
- Incorrectly composed diet disrupts the work of the whole organism.
- Too frequent use of hair dryers, hair curlers, curling irons, as well as a variety of varnishes and foams for hair. Even with modern technology, all these tools have a detrimental effect not only on the structure of the hair, but also on the scalp.
This long list, according to experts, contains only part of the detrimental factors. It is rather difficult to determine the real cause of the disease, it can be not only the above points, but also the presence of various infections, lung diseases, as well as previous stroke and chemotherapy courses.
Folk remedies in the fight against dandruff
In order to solve this problem once and for all, it is necessary to approach comprehensively. Before you begin treatment, you must first adjust your schedule, take care of proper nutrition, and also try to completely avoid stressful conditions. One of the means to get rid of dandruff in the home quickly and effectively are masks.
Why are masks so in demand? Because for their preparation does not require the availability of large funds. Below are the recipes for masks, the ingredients for which are sold in pharmacies and shops of any city.
- One of the most popular oils that have a beneficial effect not only on the scalp, but also on the hair, are castor and burdock oil. The recipe is very simple. Heat the oil in a water bath to a pleasantly warm temperature and thoroughly rub it into the scalp with gentle massaging movements. After the procedure, leave the oil for half an hour, and then rinse thoroughly with shampoo. Shampoo, in this case, is also best used for dandruff. This method is still good because it can help “wake up” the bulbs.
- Ideally peel off the formed stuck together lumps special mask – scrub. For its preparation, you must take 3 tablespoons of coarse salt and gradually add warm water until a homogeneous slurry is formed. Massage gently into the scalp and leave on for 30 minutes. After that, thoroughly rinse with ordinary shampoo.
- The answer to the question of how to get rid of dandruff on the head, will be a banal bow. You must take the usual onions, grate and squeeze the juice. After that, rub in the onion juice well, tighten the hair tightly with a towel and leave in this form for an hour. Then rinse thoroughly with shampoo. Since the onion has a rather sharp and corrosive odor, you can get rid of it with the help of lemon juice or apple vinegar. Lemon juice should be diluted with clean water and rinsed several times with hair.
- With the help of a simple kefir mask you can get rid of the so-called oily dandruff. To do this, apply kefir not only on the head, but also along the entire length of the hair. Leave for half an hour and then rinse. This mask is suitable for frequent use. This procedure can be performed 3 once a week.
Interesting: Aromatherapy at home: recipes for the use of essential oils …
Folk remedies in the fight against dandruff
Folk remedies – will help to quickly clean the skin from dandruff at home, and the question of how to get rid, will go away by itself. Since ancient times, our grandmothers used only the improvised ingredients to treat various diseases.
There are two types of dandruff: oily and dry. The approach and treatment methods, in this case, will be completely different.
Nettle, sage, coltsfoot, chamomile and hops are excellent for getting rid of dry dandruff. You need 1 a tablespoon to brew a glass of boiling water and let it brew. After the herbal decoction is ready, rinse the hair thoroughly over the entire length. After this procedure, shampooing is impossible. Rinse with a decoction can be several times a week. Herbs will not only relieve dandruff, but also have a beneficial effect on the scalp.
Using a variety of essential oils can also solve the problem. As you know, any essential oil has an antiseptic and antifungal effect. In this case, you can use any oil. Mix 3 drops on 30 ml of the base (vegetable, olive or any other) and rub into the scalp with gentle massaging movements for several minutes. You can leave this mixture for a few minutes and then rinse. To facilitate mixing, you can add a few drops of your favorite shampoo. In this case, the mixture will foam a little and is easier to apply to the scalp and hair.
Hair washing with herbal decoction
Apple cider vinegar has always been famous for its beneficial qualities. And to this day it is used as a balm or hair rinse. How to get rid of dandruff at home with vinegar? Very simple. In any herbal decoction, add one tablespoon, rub the mixture into the scalp. This should be done after shampooing.
A real apple cider vinegar should have a distinctive apple flavor and a golden hue.
Interesting: Masks with vitamins for hair. Recipes for beauty and health of hair
In addition to the popular methods of dealing with the hated ailment, the market presents a huge variety of different drugs, suspensions and tablets. How potent dandruff remedies for 1 day will help get rid of at home? Below are a few drugs that will give an exhaustive answer to this question.
In beauty salons a unique procedure appeared – aquapiling. This method is perfect for oily dandruff. Due to the directed jet under high pressure, keratinized skin particles are washed off the scalp in a matter of minutes and harmful microorganisms are removed.
The well-known salicylic acid, which is part of aspirin, also miraculously eliminates dandruff. It is this acid contained in the drug “Sulsen”, which is sold in every pharmacy.
The well-known “Nizoral”, by the wave of a magic wand, will be able to overcome a hated disease and eliminate irritating itching.
You can not stop only on the proposed options. When buying dandruff, in the first place, you should pay attention to the composition. If ketoconazole is part of the shampoo or suspension, this is a guarantee of success.
Before using any drug, you must carefully study the instructions and possible side effects.
It is enough to use only healthy foods.
How to quickly get rid of dandruff at home? Very simple, it is enough to follow a diet and eat only healthy foods.
Improper and unbalanced diet is one of the main causes of dandruff. In order to get rid of the disease, you should follow a certain diet, which reduces the work of the sebaceous glands.
It is very important to refuse or minimize the use of sugar and various sweets. If there is a surplus of sugar in the body, in this case a sharp hormonal jump can occur. In addition, sugar contributes to the appearance of redness and irritation.
It is important to exclude foods that contain sugar and yeast.
To combat the disease it is recommended to increase the use of fiber in your diet. It is necessary to eat more fruits and vegetables. Cellulose in the body acts as a “janitor” who “sweeps” all unnecessary and harmful from the body.
Water is a source of health. It is necessary to take as a rule, to drink a day at least 2,5-3 liters of purified water without additives.
Try to completely eliminate from your daily diet all foods and drinks that contain yeast. They provide fertile ground for the development of harmful fungus.
Minimize the intake of all kinds of fats and try to replace them with vegetable oils.
Interesting: Proper healthy eating: what should be in the diet
Follow the doctor’s recommendations.
Following the reviews and recommendations of doctors, you can once and for all understand how to quickly and effectively get rid of dandruff at home. It should always be remembered that a hair comb is as hygienic as a toothbrush. After each combing, rinse thoroughly under running water.
During each shampooing with regular shampoo, it is necessary to perform light massaging movements for several minutes.
Interestingly: How to care for hair in winter? Hair Beauty Secrets
For preventive purposes, use special pharmaceutical preparations or traditional medicine at least once in 2-3 weeks. This will help prevent the occurrence of the disease.
Be sure to revise your sleep pattern, for a good rest, a person needs to sleep at least 8 hours a day. Due to chronic lack of sleep, the body goes into the so-called “emergency mode”, which does not lead to anything good.
For a good rest, a person needs to sleep at least 8 hours a day.
Regular exercise will help restore proper body function. Will adjust the gastrointestinal tract, as well as contribute to the normalization of metabolism in the body.
Twice a year, in the autumn and in the spring, drink a complex of essential vitamins.
It is recommended to completely limit yourself in the use of hair dryers and various styling products.
Few people know, but sunlight also has a beneficial effect on the scalp and helps get rid of dandruff. It is important not to overdo it and not get a sunburn that can provoke cancer.
It is a mistake to believe that the presence of dandruff is a sentence that is impossible to get rid of. It is enough to follow simple rules, on time to carry out prevention and then you can forget about dandruff forever.