Although dreadlocks declared themselves in the fashion world relatively recently, this hairstyle, in fact, is the oldest in the world. In ancient times, when a man did not know any scissors or a comb, already at an early age his hair naturally rolled into long mats. To create “dreads natyurel” modern man would have to be patient, forgetting about the hair for several years. But, fortunately, if you want to try on a spectacular hairstyle, you can do it much faster. How to braid and weave dreadlocks, how to care for them, and what hairstyles can be made of them and we’ll talk today.
Girls with dreadlocks look spectacular, because “terrible curls” (namely, the full name of the hairstyle – “dreadlocks” is translated) visually increase the volume of hair and attract the eyes of others.
Female dreadlocks are woven just like male ones. The way to create a hairstyle depends on the type of dreads that you choose.
Types of dreads
- Jah dreadlocks. Short-lived (term socks – up to 3 months), but the spectacular “terrible curls”, for the creation of which 5-6 is enough, see your own hair. These are thin artificial dreadlocks that delight the palette of colors, the ease of interweaving in the hair (using the figure-eight or the usual pigtail), originality, as well as its safety.
- Dreads. This kind of dreadlocks also does not require sacrificing native curls. Kanekalon is used to create de-dreads – a material that is very similar to natural hair. With the help of Kanekalon, you can create dreadlocks of any length, and their advantage is that it will look all like your own. Although, of course, there are a lot of colors of Kanekalon, and you can ask the master to combine different colors in a fantasy order. Such dreadlocks are usually woven by the figure-eight method, and at the end of the wearing period (2 of the month), you can reuse them.
- Safe dreadlocks. This is also Kanekalon, but in the form of a special blank, which is simply attached to the native hair. With the help of “security” you can please yourself with long, voluminous, but light dreadlocks of any color that can be attached to short (from 5 cm) hair.
- Nepalese dreadlocks. Felt blanks are used to create these dreads. The unnaturalness of this material is usually striking. If the d-dreads and “safe” bright colors will give you a similarity with the anime heroine, then the felt is more associated with the rastamanic motifs. In addition, when wet, these dreadlocks have a peculiar smell.
- Dangerous dreadlocks. These are real dreadlocks, which are created from native hair. Accordingly, the length of these dreads is determined by the initial length of your hair, which should be at least 10-15 cm (the more, the better). Although the process can be woven the same felt or Kanekalon. There are many methods of weaving dangerous dreads: this includes crocheting, twisting, combing and rubbing with wool. Be sure to negotiate with the master the number of dreadlocks and what their tip will be: “alive” or hidden inside. And ask to teach you how to braid dreadlocks, since the hairstyle will have to be updated as the hair grows. Unlike other types of dreadlocks, dangerous ones are made for a period of several years. As a rule, tread dreadlocks need to crochet for knitting.
How to care for dreadlocks?
Many girls decide to dreadlocks, seduced by the ease of care. Indeed, female dreadlocks make it possible to wash your hair less often, to make a handbag lighter on the weight of a comb, and to free the shelf in the bathroom from numerous hair care products. However, it is important to know how and with what to wash the dreadlocks, so that they look properly.
- it is enough to wash artificial dreadlocks once a week using regular shampoo, slightly diluted with water. Treatment with air conditioning and further drying with a hair dryer is not needed;
- dangerous dreadlocks require a little more attention the first month. During this period, they need to be washed with plain water (some recommend to refrain from washing altogether) and to twist from the roots to the tips every day in order to make the sausages tight. In the future, wash your hair with ordinary shampoo or soap, using slightly salted water. Forget about 2 or 3 tools in one!
Hairstyles from dreadlocks
“Terrible curls” – is in itself a hairstyle. Owners of de-or safe dreads easier to cope with the “mane of a lion”, because Kanekalon quite elastic. You can tie dreadlocks in knots, weave braids out of them or poke some pretty hairpins.
Natural dreadlocks are slightly tougher, as a rule, they are held in knots or with the help of a special bandage-gum. But there is always a way to decorate dreadlocks with special rings or pendants. A girl with dreadlocks looks more feminine when they put dreadlocks on the back of their heads.
Hair after dreadlocks
If, removing artificial dreadlocks, fashionable women experimenters can practically not worry about their hair, then the owners of dangerous dreads are always beaten by the return to the original source – loose hair.
When parting with dreadlocks, girls need to be mentally prepared for the fact that they will not be invited to act in shampoo advertisements after removing dreadlocks. Hair will be to push, get confused and “make happy” with split ends. Therefore, many decide on a rather radical method – shaving the head. But, if you are already tired of attracting the attention of an extravagant hairstyle, just be patient. Unraveling dreadlocks is a rather painful and long procedure, usually accompanied by a sharp thinning of the hair. Do not worry: just the hairs that have left the scalp a long time ago but could not get out of the hairstyle remain in the dreadlocks. Pamper your hair with masks, shampoos, rub special infusions into your scalp and take vitamins. And enjoy the naturalness!